If there’s one thing that will prevent you from getting results and capitalizing on your best ideas, it’s waiting for the perfect plan. I’ll go out on a limb and say that nothing kills progress like a brilliant strategy. When I review my career, I can honestly say that any success I have experienced has had less to do with strategic planning and almost everything to do with action. I’m not saying I don’t plan, nor am I suggesting that you abandon any attempt to craft an articulate vision for your life, career or organization. Everyone needs a destination and a basic plan for reaching it. But I have observed that the main thing preventing people from reaching that desired destination is unwitting procrastination, most often in the form of the hunt for a brilliant plan.
- The secret to being a strong leader? Stop debating “strategy”
- Leading and Succeeding in Business and in Life
- Annette Verschueren speaks to the Globe & Mail about a sustainable Canada
- Annette on Bloomberg TV Canada discussing clean technology and leadership in Canada
- Annette Verschuren on Global’s Morning Show to discuss her book